Alpaca clothing and shopping online; your questions answered
If you should have any questions about looking after alpaca clothing, browsing this website, shopping, payment, shipping, returns, refunds or exchanges, the following FAQs may be of help.
- Is your alpaca clothing machine washable?
- Yes - all of our knitted range is machine washable on a 30 degrees wool cycle. We recommend that our woven accessories are dry cleaned.
- Why buy alpaca?
- Alpaca fibre is one of the finest and most luxurious fibres in the world. Find out why we believe there is nothing better than alpaca to clothe you and your family.
- Are all your products made in Britian?
- Yes - we select only the very finest alpaca yarn suitable for individual garments from either our South America or British suppliers and send it off to specialist mills here in Britain to be made into the wonderfully soft and luxurious pieces you now have the opportunity to own.
- How accurate are the colours in your product photos?
- Although Plum of London try to ensure that product photographs are as accurate as possible, due to the varying nature of computer graphics cards, display types, display settings, operating systems and internet browsers, you may find that the colour of purchased products varies slightly to those featured on the website. If you are not satisfied with your alpaca clothing we will of course be happy to refund or exchange your order in line with our returns policy (detailed below).
Shopping and payment
- How do I place an order?
- Start browsing through our different products which can be seen by clicking one of the categories along the top bar. When you have found the product you'd like to purchase, simply click 'Add to basket' and a new window/tab will open containing your basket. Continue browsing if you'd like to purchase more products, or checkout by clicking on the 'CHECK OUT' button in the open window/tab. If you accidentally close the window/tab you can open it again by clicking on 'My basked / Checkout' within the navigational menu on any page within this website.
- Do I need to open an account to order goods?
- You don't need to open an account with us prior to shopping on the website. Payments are securely handled by PayPal and if you don't have a PayPal account you can pay safely by card without registering with PayPal either.
- How do I know when my order has been received?
- An email will automatically be sent to you as the order is processed, then you will receive another when your order has been dispatched.
- What do I do if there is a problem with my order?
- Please get in touch as soon as possible and quote your order reference number, the date the order was placed, your name and post-code.
- What payment methods do you accept?
- PayPal, Visa Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard, American Express and most major
- Can I order from overseas?
- Yes, but you will need to add the relevant shipping charge to your basket.
- Can I add an item to my order after I have placed my order?
- Unfortunately not, you will need to place a separate order for anything else that you wish to purchase.
- Why has my card been declined?
- Your bank will be able to let you know why your card has been declined.
- I have received my order but one of the items is missing/I have received an incorrect item what shall I do?
- Please get in touch as soon as possible and quote your order reference number, the date the order was placed, your name and postcode and we will investigate this matter for you.
- My order did not go through but I think you have charged me?
- We will of course be happy to rectify any problems that occurred during the order process. If you suspect that something has gone wrong please get in touch with us as soon as possible and provide as much information as you can. If you received an email receipt from PayPal please forward this with any correspondence. If you didn't receive a PayPal receipt but think you may have been charged please check your bank statement to verify this prior to getting in touch.
- How secure is your website?
- All transactions are totally safe and secure and are handled by PayPal. PayPal is a safer, faster, more secure way to pay online – your financial details are never shared (not even with Plum of London) and your bank, credit or debit card details are safeguarded. PayPal also protects your purchases so just in case there is a problem you can get your money back and with each purchase a confirmation email receipt is immediately sent to you.
- How do I know it is safe to shop with you?
- Around the world tens of thousands of retailers (including Zara, Top Shop, Savile Row Company, Boots, Superdrug) use PayPal to securely process online transactions. Your financial details are never shared, your bank, credit or debit card details are safeguarded and PayPal also protects your online purchases.
- Is my personal information kept private?
- How and when will my purchases be delivered?
- We aim to dispatch all orders within 2 working days. Shipping within the UK will be sent First Class and will require a signature upon delivery. If you would like to receive it sooner, please contact us directly and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- How much does shipping cost?
- Shipping within the UK is currently free. If you are ordering from overseas, you will need to add the relevant shipping charge to your basket.
Returns, refunds and exchanges
- What is your returns policy?
- We very much hope you will love your purchase, but if for any reason you would like to exchange the item or receive a full refund, we are more than happy to do so. Please ensure that the item is returned in an unused and re-saleable condition, placed back in its protective packaging and returned within 14 days of invoice date (UK customers); 21 days (Europe excluding UK); 28 days (Rest of the World).
- What if my goods are faulty?
- If you find that the goods are incorrect, faulty or have been damaged in transit, we are more than happy to replace them. Please first inform us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, then return the item in question to us where upon we will dispatch a replacement. If however, you would prefer a refund, we will credit your account the cost of the return postage and that of the item in question.
- How do I return goods?
- Please send all returns (insured for its full value), with the Returns Form completed to: Customer Services, Plum of London, Low Hall, Matfen, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE20 0RS. The customer is responsible for the postage costs incurred when returning an item. All goods must be returned new, unused, placed in its original packaging and with all labels still intact. We recommend that you send it either first or second class recorded delivery as Plum of London cannot be held responsible for any item that does not arrive. You are eligible for a refund if the item(s) are returned within 14 days of receiving your order.
- How do I exchange goods?
- If you find that the item is not the right colour, size or style, we would be happy to exchange it for you. Please contact us first at email@example.com and inform us of your preferred replacement and if it is in stock, we will dispatch it immediately. The postage cost to send you a replacement garment will be waived. You will then need to return the goods with the completed Exchange Form to: Exchange Services, Plum of London, Low Hall, Matfen, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE20 0RS. All goods must be returned new, unused, placed in its original packaging and with all labels still intact. We recommend that you send it either first or second class recorded delivery as Plum of London cannot be held responsible for any item that does not arrive.
- How long might a refund take?
- As soon as we have received the item you would like to be refunded for, your PayPal account or card used for the purchase will be credited for the full cost of the goods. Please note that all products must be placed in its original packaging with all labels still intact and we recommend that you send it either first or second class recorded delivery as Plum of London cannot be held responsible for any item that does not arrive. Your credit card company will typically take 4-7 working days to process the refund.
- What happens if I cancel an order prior to despatch
- Under the Consumer Protection (distance selling) Regulations 2000, you have a statutory right (exercisable up to and including the seventh working day after the day of delivery), to cancel your order for any reason and receive a full refund. If you have recently placed an order with us and wish to cancel it, please get in touch as soon as possible and quote your order reference number, the date the order was placed, your name and post-code.
If the FAQs above have not resolved your query please do not hesitate to get in touch with us in order that we may assist you directly.